Thursday, April 9, 2015

Keeping Up with Your Stock Ideas

While screening for stocks is part of the equation, an epic stock idea is nothing if not pursued. When you find stock setups, how can you know when to act, especially when you work a full-time job?

I recommend setting price alerts for stocks. When you identify a good setup, figure out where and when the move will happen. Ideally, when I receive this alert, I buy without questioning. However market conditions or work could shape my actions. But trust your instincts. If you identify stocks with compelling charts and positive financials - a price trigger confirms your thesis. 

If I could watch charts all day and bullshit with my friends, that would be cool. But, I have a day job with aspirations to make it - via stocks or with my company. Wish me luck. And good luck to you, too.